About
Blog
Articles
Ventures
Ventures
pics
links
Contact
home


Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fatblogging

This is what the line in the sand looks like:

Look at that fat bastard. 100 kilos of double chin.

So, given I have had enough of looking like Eddie McGuire, what to do about it?

The way to lose weight is pretty simple: burn more than you consume (sort of like Co2 offsets). You could go on a diet of raw lard and as long as you burn it off, then you'll lose weight. Your arteries will be clogged like a Russian mine after a cave in, but you'll have calves to die for. (apologies/thanks Bill Hicks).

So I'm attacking it on multiple fronts. I bought a footy for kicks in the park with Rachel. She kicks it (badly. Sorry babe, but while you can boot it further than most MEN, your accuracy leaves a little to be desired) and I run and get it and kick it back. My reco'd knee dislikes this activity, but that's because my knee does not like the 100 kilos (+ g-forces) bashing through it. Tough luck bungo!

I also re-jigged my Cannondale bicycle with new tyres and what-nots (a service is next). I stopped kidding myself about how much I go mountain biking and put road semi slicks on it and run them at 65psi. Rolling resistance is perfect!

It's still lovely to ride and it was most gratifying to know I can wheelie 1km+ as ever. Even when fat.

So I rode to work yesterday as an opener and it was AWFUL. The ride home was better and faster so already my body is adjusting to the need for exercise.

Exercise covered. I'll ride in 3 days a week; work schedule permitting. I'll also kick the footy on weekends and ride a bit where possible. I've broken out the winter wetsuit, so if we get some wind on the weekend, I'm up for that to.

Now for the diet. Here's what's out:
  • Mid afternoon Sneaky Snickers bar. Dried apricots/carrots: in.
  • Three coffees a day with sugar and full cream milk. In: skinny latte and sweetener.
  • Crumpets with lashings of butter and peanut butter. In: sultana bran & skinny milk.
  • Fast food for lunch. In: soups, salads, sandwiches.
  • Big dinners. In: light dinner, early dinner.
  • Mid week alcohol. No more nightly beers. In: occasional mid week red wine.
  • Mid morning bacon and egg sandwich. In: not skipping breakfast.
Current weight: 100kgs. 220lbs.
Initial goal weight: 91kgs This will move my BMI to 24.9 (normal!)
Ultimate goal weight: 85kgs

Current BMI: 27.5
[calculate your BMI]
  • Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
  • Overweight = 25-29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
More:

Labels:

posted by thr at 7:42 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  footer