About
Blog
Articles
Ventures
Ventures
pics
links
Contact
home


Thursday, September 16, 2004

coodabeensarelegends

After years of talking about it, I've finally written some lyrics for Greg Champion, singer on the radio show "The Coodabeen Champions". Just in case they don't get on here's a version:
When the Season's Over

to the tune of When the War is Over by Cold Chisel

Ain't nobody gonna steal this contract away,
Ain't nobody gonna tell me to go away, oooh

When the season is over, Got to get away
Pack my bags to Surfers, Broome or the USA
You and I went mad on the monday
Yet started training the following wednedsay
How can my skinfold go up and not get traded away?

Ain't nobody gonna trade this boy away,
Ain't nobody gonna delist me anytime today,

When the season's over got to rest again
Try to get back to how I was "way back when"
All around these trades and delisting
Can't help feeling the coach is also missing
Gonna speak to my manager just as soon as I can

Ain't nobody gonna retire me early, eh?
Ain't nobody gonna trade this jumper away

You and I we're goin' round the tan in October
and I thought the season was just over
How can I go rest and not get traded away

Ain't nobody gonna trade this boy away
Ain't nobody gonna run me early today
Ain't nobody gonna do nuthing till Epiphany
Ooohhh..


Coodabeens Website
posted by thr at 3:43 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  footer