About
Blog
Articles
Ventures
Ventures
pics
links
Contact
home


Sunday, June 05, 2005

Hatton beats Tszyu

I've always had a huge amoun' of respec' for "Australia's own" Kostya Tszyu. I think he's spent some time as the pound for pound best boxer in the world- and he's just been beat in the UK by Troy Hatton.

Now there are plenty of boxers- some good, some awful, some rapists and then there are the greats. See When We Were Kings to see The Greatest when he was truly, utterly the greatest.

But back to Kostya. Winners in boxing are measured by their win/loss ratio. (Kostya is 32 wins 2 losses) But to be a GREAT boxer one must bring character and dignity to this great, yet troubled sport. And there is no better time to show your style than when you lose:

Hatton said:

"Kostya came up to me after and he said, 'you were the better man and you deserved to win', he said, 'if you ever need any help and advice I'll give you my phone number and I'll be there for you' and I tell you what, that's not a champion, that's a champion and a half."


Hatton beats Tszyu - Sport - theage.com.au
posted by thr at 8:10 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  footer