About
Blog
Articles
Ventures
Ventures
pics
links
Contact
home


Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday funk fest

Ok, I'm gonna do a Clem Bastow and post a few youtube vids of some music I like.

Aussie Hip Hop.
Once upon a time I considered Aussie hip hop as a poor crappy cousin to the US stuff.

...and that was wrong of me. Though when I heard Aussie rappers rapping in an American accent I could notr get into it. The sound of the Australian accent in rap made me cringe. I was confused. I was reactionary.

Perhaps I was an old man at last?

HELL NO.

Frankly I grew into it- and when the Australian hip hop scene found its voice and style I got on board.

Less yapping more rapping:


Muph and Plutonic: "Heaps Good". Both are great names!

The big dogs on the block in Australian hip hop are from... wait for it...
ADELAIDE. The Hilltop Hoods new album "The Hard Road" took off in Oz and rightly so:



The Herd cover old Redgum anti-Vietnam war classic "I Was Only 19"

Still as relevant today. Translates well to rap methinks. As good as "I Was Only 19" is, The Herd's own track "77%" is even better. Checkit:


Werd, audi.

Labels: ,

posted by thr at 9:39 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  footer