About
Blog
Articles
Ventures
Ventures
pics
links
Contact
home


Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bill Hicks... again.

Read my next post to see a quote from the great man in action. In the meantime: enjoy.

Meg Wood got me into Bill Hicks. That's one thing I could thank her for. I wonder what Bill would make of her today?. Tail pipe? hmmmm


"By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising, kill yourselves. Thank you, just planting seeds, planting seeds is all I'm doing. No joke here, really, seriously, kill yourself. You have no rationalization for what you do; you are Satan's little helpers. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself NOW. Now back to the show. Seriously. I know marketing people are going to be like, "There's going to be a joke coming up.' There's no fucking joke: suck a tailpipe, hang yourself, borrow a pistol from an NRA buddy, do something. Rid the world of your evil fucking presence; OK, back to the show....

You know what bugs me, though? I know everyone here who's in marketing is now thinking the same thing: 'Oh, cool, Bill's going for that anti-marketing dollar; that's a huge market.' Aaaaaa, quit it, quit it! Don't turn everything into a dollar sign, please! 'Ooo, the "plea for sanity" dollar; huge, HUGE market! Look at our research.'"
posted by thr at 3:55 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  footer