About
Blog
Articles
Ventures
Ventures
pics
links
Contact
home


Saturday, April 15, 2006

Mobile blog from IKEA


Bored out of my mind, I follow mother and fiance from shop to shop looking for the right shoes to go with the dress she bought to wear at lil bro's wedding in New York next month. I'm supposed to be making a speech of sorts, so my clothing is the least of my concerns.

Rachel is cross that I am bored, and when she asked me a moment ago who I was texting, only to be told I was blogging via my mobile, she got grumpy- it's as if I have to be miserable for this to be a successful mission.

The whole thing is pissing me off. The circle work while parking, the incessant prattle, the blank looks on the faces of everyone. Now for the damn kicker- we are in Ikea. God help me.
posted by thr at 2:03 pm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until you get a bookshelf or wardrobe home delivered, only to discover that they've managed to break one of the panels. Happened to me last year, happened to me this year. Craptacular.

4/17/2006 10:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just the kind of treatment you deserve big fella. wait until you guys have kids and then have to go shopping for tutu's, hoola hoops, underwear, play doh, fairy dress ups, not to mention meaningless presents for all of the damn birthday parties they get invited to!! [providing they're popular enuff to get an invite in the first place!] [Gil Stubbs, Tuf Enuff that is] Wooza

4/17/2006 7:38 pm  
Blogger thr said...

of course- a piece was missing from teh drawers- and so I sent mum back to get it- no point bursting another blood vessel getting it done!

Thanks Wooz- you make it all sound so exciting and enticing!!

thomasr

4/30/2006 1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  footer