About
Blog
Articles
Ventures
Ventures
pics
links
Contact
home


Tuesday, May 16, 2006

New Yoik

Is as I remember it- bloody awesome.

Day 1 weather was ok- sunny after a bit and was great by the time we got to SoHo to meet up with Stephen and Sarah for the first time. (Sarah first time, Stephen I know pretty well)

We're uptownish next to Central Park. Been active and been for a run twice (Rachel three times) through and around The Park. I get lost everytime as I can't orient myself when I am in the northern hemisphere- the sun's all wrong. I got hit by a particularly aggressive dash of jetlag that resulted in me having 19 odd hours sleep in a 24 hour period. I'm over it now, but it has given me a bad back. Too much time in a crappy hotel bed.

We've bought our weekly passes for the subway and frankly the trains are old, loud but frequent and bloody handy. Seen bugger all motorcycles about- mostly Ducati Monsters and scooters. No real suprises there- it does snow like all hell here in the winter so a bike would suck for at least four months of the year- perhaps more.

Out to dinner tonight with old family friends, the ceremony Wednesday, followed by dinner Friday night, the reception (and my speech) Saturday. etc.

Picture post to follow soon...
posted by thr at 7:05 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  footer